Although it can be a challenge to find the time to sit down, be quiet, and internally reflect for 20 minutes once a day, much less twice a day, studies continue to show that a daily meditation practice can significantly change your life (in a positive way) when it comes to anxiety, stress relief, and concentration. So what’s it going to take for you to begin?
This insightful post from Meditate Be Happy gives a great breakdown as to the positive effects meditation can have on your life. Apart from the health benefits, according to the article, a solid meditation practice can also help with sleep problems and in some instances, increase your life expectancy.
1. Your life becomes significantly more clearer and calm
The hustle and bustle of everyday life is choking our minds of the peace we deserve! Our technology advancements shouldn’t suffocate our minds, it should allow us to achieve more peace. Meditation helps put those events in perspective for our daily tasks.
2. Your blood pressure is lowered
Science has proven it, meditation lowers the blood pressure, which in return is related to your stress levels and stress management. Much better than taking pills to lower your blood pressure!
3. People around you enjoy your company
Regular meditation leads to higher/positive energy that you are consistently tapping into. This effectively makes you very pleasant to be around, and people like that! People naturally gravitate to the people that make them feel good.
4. Your connection with Higher Power is strengthened
5. You achieve several hours of sleep in one 20 minute meditation session
6. Problems that seemed very difficult suddenly have clear solutions
7. Your productivity sky rockets because of your ability to have clear focus
8. Your life expectancy increases
9. You effectively reduce stress in your life
10. You feel fantastic throughout your day!
Read more on how meditation can have positive effects on your life here.