For those in the know, keeping your chakras balanced can be a challenging proposition, especially if you don’t know what your chakra system is!
There are seven chakras which begin at the base of your spine (your root) and travel up the center of your body ending at the top of your head (your crown). By maintaining proper balance within each of the chakras, harmony can be achieved when it comes to areas like sexuality, relationships, love, truth, and spirituality. When these are out of balance, challenges can arise.
According to this Self Growth article by Anthony Young, a chakra meditation helps a person to activate and connect to their own unique energy. Following are the 11 steps suggested to practice a chakra meditation:
1. Get comfortable in your seat.
2. Start and concentrate with the regular deep breathing exercises – in and out.
3. Take your attention to your root chakra (perineum).Envisage on red color and concentrate on root chakra for couple of minutes. This will create a connection between you and the earth.
4. Move to your sacral chakra (between your navel and your genitals). Envisage on orange color and remain at the chakra for a while. This will create a bathed situation in creative juices.
5. Next is the solar plexus chakra, which is between the navel and chest. Picturize and imagine on yellow color and remain for few minutes. This will create a unique power deep in you.
6. Fourth chakra, focus on heart chakra (center part of the chest). Visualize and focus on green color and concentrate on the chakra for few minutes. This chakra will make you feel the power of love.
7. Go to the next level of throat chakra, (throat). Visualize and focus on blue color and concentrate on the chakra for few minutes. This will create and let you sense a unique vibration in the body.
8. Go to your third eye chakra (at the center of your forehead).Visualize and focus on indigo color and concentrate on the chakra for few minutes.See your vision expanding.
9. Final is the crown chakra, which is at the top of your head. Envisage on purple-red (violet) color and remain at the chakra for a while. This chakra will connect you with the spirit.
10. Let the energy flow out from your crown and down over your body. While the energy flows in a body, you will have an aura.
11.Then, focus on the energy flowing from root chakra to crown chakra.
Read more about how to practice a chakra meditation here.