Let’s face it, the ending of a relationship can be painful. Unmet expectations and shattered dreams, not to mention questioning if one had done it differently if the relationship would have lasted have left many feeling the grief caused by a relationship ending sometimes for longer than the relationship lasted itself. What most don’t realize is that when entering into a relationship we become not only emotionally and physically attached, but also energetically. Successful completion of a relationship entails ending the physical and emotional connection as well as the energetic ties. Enter a chakra meditation.
Jennifer Angel pens this recent NY Daily News post on how to use a chakra meditation when you still find yourself energetically tied to someone after a relationship’s completion. According to Angel, the cutting-the-ties exercise keeps your chakra points clear and can be used not only after a romantic connection ends, but also with friendships and work relationships. The meditation is best done during a full moon.
Here’s the chakra meditation exercise:
The cutting of the ties exercise helps to release you from your Chakra connection and allows you to move forward without longing and regret.
1. Imagine that you standing in a blue illuminated circle, and you are standing opposite your ex partner and he or she are standing in their own illuminated circle of blue light.
2. Imagine that you have a blue light in the form of a cord between each of your chakra points. One-by-one visually connect the blue cords between your chakra points starting with the base chakra and move up through the sacral-sexual chakra, the solar plexis, heart, throat, third eye and the crown in this order.
3. Once these are in place, one-by-one, again starting with the base chakra, imagine you have a large pair of scissors and you cut through each of the cords to release the love-ties. At the same time as you cut through the blue cords, you can say a prayer of gratitude and wish the other person well on their journey.
Here is a suggestion of what you can say;
1. Base (located at tip of your tail bone) I thank you for your support and I now release you to find your greatest good.
2. Sacral / sexual (located at the pubic bone) I thank you for our physical connection and I now release you to find your greatest good.
3. Solar Plexis (located just above the belly button) I thank you for sharing my life and I now release you to find your greatest good.
4. Heart Chakra (located at the heart center) I thank you for your love and I now release you to find your greatest good.
5. Throat chakra (located at the throat) I thank you for the understanding I have gained, and I now release you to find your greatest good.
6. The Third Eye (located in the middle of the forehead) I thank you for the clarity I have gained about myself and the person I am. I now release you to find your greatest good.
7. The Crown Chakra (located at the crown of the head) I thank you for the wisdom and self-growth I have gained. I now release you to find your greatest good
4. Once you get to the last cord, the Crown Chakra, visualize that your partner is floating away to find his or her greatest good. It is very important to put out the intention of good for them on their journey. It is also important to acknowledge, even if you cannot see it right now, that they had a purpose for being in your life. Be grateful for the learning and growth you have gain on a mind, body and spirit level, and send them off with love and peace in your heart.
You can do this exercise once, or for it to have more power, you can do it seven times, seven day in a row.
Read more from Angel on how to practice a chakra meditation to clear your chakras after a relationship ends here.